The EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Fluid Dynamics at the University of Leeds and Imperial College London are organising the second annual UK Fluids Conference. Our primary intention is to encourage greater cohesion and interaction amongst the fluids communities in the UK and to be of benefit, in particular, to PhD students. The first annual UK Fluids Conference took place at Imperial College London on 7 – 9 September 2016.
The members of the Organising Committee are:
- Professor Peter Jimack, CDT Director and Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds
- Professor Christos Vassilicos, CDT Director, Department of Aeronautics, Imperial College London
- Professor Chris Jones, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Leeds
- Professor Cath Noakes, School of Civil Engineering, University of Leeds
- Dr Andrew Ross, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
- Professor Omar Matar, Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London
- Professor Peter Schmid, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London
- Professor Berend van Wachem, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London
- Professor Oliver Jensen, Applied Mathematics, University of Manchester
The conference is a joint collaboration and will be subsidised by the EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training in Fluid Dynamics at the University of Leeds and Imperial College London.
Dates: 6 – 8 September 2017
Venue: Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds
Provisional Programme (dates and times of programmed sessions subject to change): UK Fluids Conference Programme
Email for enquiries: Fluids Conference 2017
Getting to Leeds: www.leeds.ac.uk/directions_for_visitors
- Professor David Dritschel, University of St Andrews
- Professor Sarah Waters, University of Oxford
- Professor Will Zimmerman, University of Sheffield
- Dr Giovanni Cuomo, HR Wallingford
Registration rates include refreshments on Wednesday to Friday and lunch on Thursday:
- Early bird student rate: £55
- Early bird standard rate: £155
- Student rate: £105
- Standard rate: £205
- Conference dinner: £25
Registration and accommodation bookings and payment, by credit or debit card, should be completed through the secure Online Store which will be available from Monday 3 April 2017. Bookings are expected to be made in advance of the conference.
The Online Store will open a new window, and you will be required to register your details and then complete the application process as directed. You will receive an automatic confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking, please ensure you print this as confirmation of registration and proof of payment. Please note, the Online Store cannot accept American Express credit cards.
We seek abstract submissions on all aspects of fluid dynamics and its applications. The call for abstracts will open on Monday 16 January 2017. Abstracts must be submitted via EasyChair by Monday 24 April 2017 (deadline extended to 2 May 2017).
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting (corresponding) author. Please note, only the corresponding author will receive an email concerning the submission status and is responsible for informing all co-authors. If an author is invited to present and does not confirm their participation the abstract may be withdrawn.
By submitting an abstract you have agreed to the terms and conditions as set out below:
- At least one author will be available to present the paper if selected for the programme
- To create a vibrant environment, it is expected that every accepted paper (both oral and poster) is presented by a different registered author or co-author
- All authors presenting at the Conference must register and pay to attend by Monday 19 June 2017 or the paper may be withdrawn from the programme
En suite bed and breakfast accommodation is available from Tuesday 5 to Thursday 7 September 2017 at Storm Jameson Court, high standard University of Leeds Student Halls of Residence on campus. Bedrooms are junior double for sole occupancy. More information on Storm Jameson Court can be found here. Delegates using University of Leeds accommodation will also be able to use the leisure facilities at The Edge free of charge.
Please note, campus accommodation is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis subject to availability. Early registration is highly recommended for conference delegates who require accommodation. Additional night's accommodation is subject to availability, to be requested and booked separately.
- Call for abstracts: Monday 16 January 2017
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday 24 April 2017 extended to Tuesday 2 May 2017
- Abstract acceptance notification: Friday 26 May 2017
- Registration opens: Monday 3 April 2017
- Early bird registration deadline: Monday 19 June 2017
- Final registration deadline: Thursday 31 August 2017
For general enquiries and registration enquiries please contact:
- Fluids 2017 Secretariat
- E: Fluids2017@leeds.ac.uk
- T: +44 (0)113 343 8104 / 2494
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment in full should accompany your booking unless you have requested to pay by invoice (in which case a valid purchase order document must accompany your registration). The conference fee is exempt from VAT. Terms of payment are 30 days from invoice date and fees must be paid in full no later than 15 working days before the conference commences. Registrations are accepted on the understanding that the printed programme is given in good faith but may have to be re-scheduled or the presenters changed for reasons outside the committee's control. The Committee reserves the right to cancel or postpone the conference, in which case fees will be refunded in full. In the event of cancellation, the Committee/University will not be held liable for delegates' travel or accommodation expenses. Delegates will receive a full refund for cancellations made within 7 days of booking, except where the booking has been made for an event commencing within the next 7 days. Where a delegate wishes to cancel a registration after this 7 day period, written cancellations received up to 15 working days before the event will be subject to an administrative charge of 20% of the total remittance. After this date the full fee is chargeable and no refunds will be made, this also applies for non-attendance but copies of the conference materials will be sent. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please also note that your name, organisation and email address will appear on the conference delegate list.